1. What type of book do you enjoy reading? History, lover, XXX, etc.
well, i wanna say i really enjoy reading history books. and i love reading them for the following reasons. First , i can greatly enrich my knowledge. since i really want to be a knowledgeable person and i feel excited about that. for example, i can know the history of many countries in the world. like China, the States or Australia. second, i can learn some lessons from the history of various countries. you know, in my country , we say :""whatever we have now can be found in history. so if you feel puzzled or confused about certain stuff , you may get yourself out of that by refering to some related historical figure and check how he solved that problem. probably you may get some hint out of his or her experience.
2. The best lesson we can learn is through making mistake. Agree or disagree?
I definitely agree with this statement for the following reasons. first, to be able to make mistakes is a sign of going deeper in your learning process.because if you don't make any mistakes , that means you still beat around the bushes. like me, last year, i got my laptop computer.i don' t know much about computers. but i spent 3 days making all kinds of mistakes while using my computer. and amazingly,i was much better after that. second, just as the saying goes:"Failure is the mother of success". the more mistakes you make, the better you will be prepared for later success. like my daughter, whatever she tries to do, i will stop giving her any instructions until i really have to do so. since i want her to make mistakes as many as possible.
3. Passage:A student proposes to the university to change the policy that prohibits eating in classrooms. The reasons are: 1) When the students feel hungery, eating some snacks can help them to get more energy therefore be more concentrated; 2) If students are allowed to eat in class, they can hold some class partieswhen a semester is over. It is a good way of gathering and celebration.
Conversation: The man disagrees with the proposal and there are 2 reasons: First, eating in class may help the student to concentrate, but it can also disturb other students, as the sound of chewing, biting will distract other students from listening to the professors. Second, holding party in the last class is not a good idea, because usually, the classes in the end of semester are the most important, as students need to review and prepare for the exams.
4. Passage: Comfort Zone Bias -- In psychology, the concept of comfort zone is that people have natural tendency to stay in the area that they are familiar with, and usually donnot risk trying sth new
Lecture: The prof citedthe example of his friend to elaborate the comfort zone concept. He's got a friend who wanted eagerly to be a film reviewer, but he end up to found a job as new reporter. In several years, he had adapted to the job as new reporter and excelled at hiswork. Then he was given a chance to be a film reviewer as sb quit, but he chose not to change his profession as he was already used to being a new reporter and that made him more comfortable.
5. Man's problem: Housing problem. He's stayed on campus, but the roommate he likes is moving out. He's facing 2 choices: 1) Still live in the dorm as it is really convenient, but the school may assign another roommate to him. He worries that they may have different schedules and he may not feel comfortable living with a new roomie. 2) He rent a house with friends off campus. It is more economical, as they could split the rent and living with a group of people is fun. But it is too far from campus.
Which one to choose?
6. How do organisms survive in deep sea? 2 adaptions help them to survive: 1) special body structure: eg. eel has big mouth and stomach which enable them to eat stuff bigger than them and help them to get enough nutition to sustain for a long time. 2) Generating light: angler fish can generate light near their mouth. The light can attract other small fishes that they feed on.
作文：Passage: living roof (building'roof with plants) is beneficial as it can 1)serve as public park that beautifies the city and provide people a place to relax 2) reduce water pollution and flooding 3) function as air conditioning system so as to save energy and cost.
Lecturer: ...limited benefits and can even generate some problem: 1) they are too high to be seen/only residents of the building can have access, not open to everybody to relax 2) water leakage which can damage the building 3) the installation and maintenance is costy. The cost can be even higher that what we save.